Saturday, February 23, 2008

winter may be breaking

well it has been

wicked cold

it snowed most of the day yesterday

and although

it was quite beautiful

i'm kind of ready for some

warmer weather

i woke up this morning

and i noticed

birds singing

i am taking this as

as sign

warmer times are

on the way

now if i can just get motivated

to work on one of the revisions to

my syntheses springtime

will have an even bigger

meaning for me

one of my dear friends just

finished taking comps

and although i am extrememly happy

for my friend

i can't help

but feel just a tad more

lonely...no partner in

the crime of procrastination

it's just me and

unfinished work that

if i don't start being a little bit

more proactive the wintertime of

my life will exceed well past

the boundaries of an actual

season change and although birds are

singing it will mean nothing

but for the fact

that i am still stuck in

snow

No comments: