Monday, April 09, 2007

my trip to boston

wow, what a great city. i loved the old buildings and the sense of history that seems to be embedded in everything...from the architecture to the narrow roads that weave around the skyscrapers and the brownstones. i spent some time in cambridge as well. i walked around harvard and bought a couple of books at a very cool bookstore. the only thing that i wished was different was the weather. it was very cold and damp and i wasn't prepared. i guess i could have been but i am so sick of the cold weather that i was in a very sad denial.
i also thought that my presentation went fairly well. all of the speakers on my panel brought invigorating ideas and work to the table. we didn't get a lot of questions though but i figure since it was near the end of the conference people were tired. in any event it was a great conference and i am glad that i went. i only hope that when i go back there next month the american literature association's conference will be as good. needless to say, i will remember my camera this time.

1 comment:

Progressive Texas Chicano said...

Did you get a chance to troll around BU and the Commons? The Back Bay area is awesome for shopping as well. When I go to Boston I stay in the Theater District. I applied to grad school @ BU (was accepted) but couldn't afford it. The NE School of Law is another school I thought about trying out. I would LOVE to live in Boston for a few years. Check out Providence. Great day trip and the Amtrack train drops you off right in the heart of Providence.

Disposable cameras are sold everywhere my friend :)

Anj